FAFSA Filing Time is Here!
FAFSA stands for Free Application for Federal Student Aid. FAFSA for the 2023-2024 Academic Year is NOW available! All BCC students who would like to receive Financial Aid and/or apply for loans, are required to complete the 2023-2024 FAFSA Application.
- The 2023-2024 FAFSA can be completed online at www.studentaid.gov.
- The 2021 income tax for you, your parent(s) and /or spouse are required to complete the 2023-2024 FAFSA Application.
- In addition, you will need your Federal FSA ID to complete your 2023-2024 FAFSA Renewal on the Web. If you and/or your parents do not have an FSA ID, get your FSA ID here!
- If you are requesting an FSA ID, you may need to wait 1-3 business days for verification purposes. After verification, you will be able to log back onto the FAFSA website and follow the instructions to complete your application.
- Be sure to file for TAP – the link will be on your FAFSA Confirmation Page. If you have already completed your 2023-2024 FAFSA, please contact the Financial Aid to check your status beginning in late February 2023.
Tips before you get started:
- Make sure you and/or your parent have a valid email address.
- You can complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) application even if you and/or your parent did not file taxes.
- Review your Student Aid Report (SAR) once your application is complete to make sure everything is correct.
- IMPORTANT: Follow up on your application with our office once you receive an email confirming it was processed.
- To use the CUNY Financial Aid Calculators go here.
FAFSA Filing Videos from Federal Student Aid
Check out the following videos from Federal Student Aid to help guide you through the process of filling out the FAFSA: