Welcome! We strive to provide our students with additional resources to meet their educational goals.
BCC Foundation Scholarships
The Scholarship Office provides students with the foundation and the tools needed to successfully continue their higher education.
To complete the scholarship application or look through the scholarship listing to see if you meet any of the criteria you may click on the link to access the Bronx Community College Scholarship Application.
The BCC Scholarship Application is now open. The deadline to submit BCC Scholarship application is Friday October 6, 2023.
NYS Excelsior Scholarship
In order to apply, students must meet eligibility requirements, including:
- Be residents of New York State
- Plan to attend a SUNY or CUNY two or four-year college
- Complete 30 credits per year towards their program of study
- Be on track to graduate on time with an Associate’s Degree in two years or a Bachelor’s Degree in four years
To complete the application, you will need:
- IT-201 NYS Income Tax Return(s) for you and your parent(s) or your spouse, as applicable
More information can be found at hesc.ny.gov/excelsior
The Excelsior Scholarship, in combination with other student financial aid programs, allows students to attend a SUNY or CUNY college tuition-free. To learn about eligibility for the Excelsior Scholarship and the next application period, click here
Videos from New York State Student Aid
Check out the following videos from New York State Student Aid to help guide you through the process of the Excelsior Scholarship:
- Excelsior Scholarship- What to know – go here
You will find external scholarship resources searchable through the CUNY website. We encourage you to do research to see what fits your needs and do NOT apply to scholarships that ask for any form of payment.