The Access Resource Center (ARC) is temporarily closed to the public due to the current health crisis. The ARC staff is working remotely Monday through Friday 9 am – 5 pm. If you need to contact us you may call us at 718-289-5179 or email us at: BCC.ARC@bcc.cuny.edu
This is the best and fastest way to reach us. We will make every effort to respond as quickly as possible.
We wish you the best and please be safe.
Access Resource Center provides a holistic approach to social service and economic resources for students and their immediate family members by offering a suite of comprehensive services that supports and promotes student success.
We provide our students and their immediate families with access to benefits and services that help students stay in school and graduate. Whether it is after school programs, health insurance, legal advice, debt solutions, childcare or government benefits, we can help to identify the services that are available to you.
ARC Services Provided:
Food Pantry Distribution:
Due to Covid-19, we’ve had to make some slight changes as to how the distributions will take place on campus. They are as follows:
What has changed:
- Food Pantry Distributions will be conducted by appointment only! Please use the link provided below to schedule your appointment.
- Appointments are scheduled on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Please plan to arrive 15 minutes before your scheduled appointment to allow a pre-screening check-in by Public Safety.
- Students planning to come to the campus for food pantry distributions, are required to download the Everbridge App and complete the Wellness Check Survey the morning of your scheduled appointment. The Everbridge App can be downloaded in your app store.
- If for any reason you cannot keep your appointment, you must email the Access Resource Center at BCC.ARC@bcc.cuny.edu to cancel and reschedule your appointment for the next available date and time.
- To schedule your appointment, please click here:
Additional Food Pantries may also be available in your area. Click here for Food Pantries near you!
Click here for additional FOOD PANTRY RESOURCES
Additional resources for food and neighborhood assistance in the Bronx are available through the link Bronx Resources
Loew Hall [LO], Room 125
Main: (718) 289-5179
Administrative Assistant/Office Manager
REMOTE ACCESS ONLY
The Carroll and Milton Petrie Student Emergency Grant Fund has been awarded to us for the purpose of providing quick-response emergency grants to matriculated students in good academic standing who are facing short-term financial emergencies. Learn more about the Petrie Student Emergency Fund.
The free benefits screening takes you through a quick series of questions to see which public benefits you qualify for. We will discuss the options that are best for you, help you complete the appropriate application(s), and then help you prepare for the application process.
Meet with a financial expert and learn lifelong strategies that will help you save money, build assets, and manage debt. We can also help you get your free credit report, establish credit if you have none, and improve your credit scores. We provide one-on-one private counseling that will help you establish and achieve your financial goals. Financial counseling is available Tuesday and Wednesday afternoons. Contact us to make an appointment.
If you have questions about divorce, child support, employment, housing, debt collection, public assistance, or another topic, come to the Single Stop office for a free and completely confidential consultation. Contact us to make an appointment with an attorney to answer any legal questions.