Requirements to Meet with the Scholarship Coordinator
In order to schedule an appointment with the scholarship coordinator, students are REQUIRED to write an essay and create a resume. The essay should include the following:
- Why did you decide to attend college? (Please include where you were prior to enrollment at Bronx Community College, i.e., another school, another state, another country.)
- Why did you choose Bronx Community College?
- What is your major and why did you choose it?
- What extracurricular or community service activities are you involved in?
- What are your future plans after you complete your studies at BCC?
- How do you plan to give back (i.e., community service)?
- What struggles have you faced along the way and how have you overcome them? If you haven’t overcome them, how do you deal with them from day to day?
Remember that this essay is essentially explaining your educational journey and a good part of your life. It shouldn’t be less than 3-4 pages. Once you've completed these requirements, you may e-mail the scholarship coordinator at BXC4SI@bcc.cuny.edu to schedule an appointment to meet.