The Administrative, Educational and Student (AES) Support Assessment Council guides BCC’s non-academic units with their ongoing assessment and continuous improvement efforts in support of the College’s mission, goals, and strategic plan.
- Implement best practices for continuous improvement of administrative unit’s programs, services, and related student learning
- Review and assist with the design of the AES annual assessment plans and periodic
- Collaborate and learn from members’ experiences to document the best ways of facilitating and improving outcome assessment process
- Develop assessment tools, measures, and recommendations for improvement
- Encourage and foster collaboration across the program in their discipline area
Roles and Responsibilities of Members
Appointed by the Vice President of each College division, the Council is comprised of a minimum of eight members from the College’s five divisions: Academic Affairs, Administration and Finance, Advancement and External Relations, Enrollment Management, and Student Success. Each member serves as a designated “Assessment Coordinator,” for their respective divisions with the following responsibilities:
- Lead, facilitate, and support the assessment work of the units within their division. The Council members monitor units’ progress in completing their annual and periodic assessment plans and provide feedback and guidance.
- Collaborate with the Office of Institutional Effectiveness in ensuring units’ assessment efforts are effective and used for ongoing
- Advocate outcome assessment practices that are S.M.A.R.T – Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic, and Timely for continuous improvement
- Keep division heads updated on their programs’ assessment matters.
- Prepare and submit AES assessment reports in consultation with stakeholders – division heads, and colleagues.
- Share in the rotation of serving on the Council’s evaluation team, reviewing assessment reports, and providing feedback.