First you should inform your faculty that you are encountering an issue; they may be able to help.
If not, follow the Blackboard Login instructions at www.cuny.edu/blackboard.
Course enrollments take 24-48 hours to be transmitted from CUNYfirst to Blackboard. If your course is listed as “not currently available,” your instructor has not made it available to students. Most instructors will not make their course available until the first day of the semester. If you are still seeing the course as unavailable AFTER the first day of class, contact your instructor. If you are missing courses, verify your course enrollment in CUNYfirst and see your campus Registrar. If you can see the missing course in CUNYfirst and it is more than 24 hours after you have registered, contact the Technology Service Center at 718.289.5970 or email@example.com.
- Open a Course
- Click “Tools” on the Course Menu
- Click on “My Grades”
- Under the control panel, click on “Customization”
- Click on “Properties”
- Under Set Availability, click “Yes” to make the course available.
- Click on the course you want to archive
- Under the Control Panel, click on the “Export/Archive Course” link
- Click on the “Archive” button
- Click “Submit”
- Click on the link to the file in the “Export/Archive Manager”
- Download the file and save it to your computer
- Click on the “Remove” button after the file have been saved
- Under a Content Area, select the area where you would like to add a document.
- Click on the “Build Content”button.
- Click on the “Item” link.
- Type a name for the item you are adding (this is a required field).
- Enter a description in the text box if you wish (optional).
- To add a document from your computer:
- Scroll down the page until you see “Attachements.”
- Click on the “Browse My Computer” button.
- The “Choose File Upload” window will pop up that displays your local and network drives. Find and highlight the file you would like to add and click the “Open” button.
- Click the “Submit” button in the bottom right corner.
- Under the Control Panel, click on “Packages and Utilities”
- Click on Course Copy
- Select destination course (Note: You must be enrolled as an instructor in both source and destination courses to use Copy Course.)
- Select the material you want to copy
Classes from past semesters can be hidden from the “My Courses” list within Blackboard Learn. This allows you to reduce the number of classes that show in this list based on your preferences.
To hide classes from the My Courses list:
- Hover over the right side of the title bars of the My Course area. A gear or snow flake icon will appear (Screen Capture).
- Click it to display the Personalize: My Courses screen.
- Un-check the column after the course called “Course Name”. It will then no longer display on the My Course area.
- Click Submit
If you want to bring an old course back to the ‘My Courses’ list, you will have to go to the same page and check the box next to the course you want to see again.