The Association of Latino Faculty and Staff serves as an advocacy and support organization for the Latino faculty, staff and students at Bronx Community College. The Association reviews and acts upon the issues of concern to Latino faculty, staff and students in the following areas:
- The recruitment, admission and retention of Latino students to the College.
- Academic issues and concerns directly or indirectly related to the Latino faculty, staff and students at Bronx Community College.
- Student support services: including academic and career advisement, financial aid, scholarships, co-curricular life, and other related areas.
- Relations between the Latino faculty, staff and students of the College and the outside community.
- Opportunities for the recruitment, employment, reappointment, advancement/promotion of Latino faculty and staff at Bronx Community College.
Nominate a member of the Association
- Every year the Association recognizes members of our BCC community who go above and beyond in their work at the college, primarily in serving students. This year, we are opening nominations for Faculty, Staff, and Adjunct of the Year Awards, to be presented at the Annual Latino Association Honor Awards Ceremony on May 12, 2023. If you would like to nominate colleagues for any of the awards below, please write a descriptive explanation to the selection committee, of no more than 300 words, that speaks to the scope and breath of the work and service that person has and is providing for our BCC students. In your narrative, identify the nominee’s contributions to the campus community and why they are deserving of the award. The nominee does not need to be Latino/a. Nominations will remain anonymous. Deadline for submission: April 28, 2023. Email your completed form to Latino.Association@bcc.cuny.edu.
- ALFS Nomination Form for the 2023 Awards