Meet your 2023-2024 SGA Senators BELOW!
Student Government Association (SGA)
Student Government Association (SGA) is the representative governing body of the student population. We enable students to voice their opinions through campus committees and public Senate meetings.
Learn More Below!
Photo of the SGA Bi-monthly Meetings with the President (2018-2019)
Who We Are:
We sponsor student services ranging from campus recreation events and activities to student health services and social justice initiatives.
- We are comprised of 15 student senators.
- We are governed by a constitution.
- The SGA is required to meet every 2 weeks throughout our one year term.
- SGA meetings are announced in advance and are open to the campus community and the public.
- SGA Meets every other Friday from 12:00 – 2:00PM for the 2023-2024 Semesters.
- Meetings are in person in Loew Hall room 200.
Become a SGA Senator
Applications are sent out in the Spring semester through BCC Broadcast email. Elections are held each April by the student body. SGA members are always recruiting new members to serve on campus committees.
INSTRUCTIONS TO VOTE:
Log into OSSES: https://wa01.bcc.cuny.edu/
- Click on “My OSSES Menu”
- Scroll down and click on the link that reads “My eVote ID/Password”
- A new window will open up with your User ID and unique, secure password that will allow you to vote.
- Click on the “Click here to vote” link which will redirect you to the Voting Site for Bronx Community College.
- Use the assigned Log In information (User ID and Password) you received through OSSES. Without this information you will not be able to vote.
While Voting Don’t Forget the following:
- To learn about the candidates, click on “Details” next to the candidates’ name.
- You may vote for up to 15 candidates. All selections must be completed before clicking “submit”.
Why join the Student Government Association?
Make a difference on campus
Senators represent the students on the College Senate and its related sub-committees. Learn more about student representation in the College Senate.
Develop your leadership skills
- Two executive officers (President, Legal Legislator) also represent BCC students on the University Student Senate (USS). Learn more about the USS.
- Five of the 15 Senators serve as Executive Officers in the roles of President, Vice President, Legal Legislator, Treasurer and Secretary.
- Each executive Senator receives a stipend, funded by student activity fees, totaling $3,314 per year.
Attend networking opportunities
- The SGA receives a portion of student activity fees each year to develop programs and cultural enrichment activities for students.
- Co-curricular programs include Welcome Week, Freshman Convocation, Fall and Spring Party, Club Fair, Albany Conferences and many more.
- BCC offer celebrations for Hispanic heritage, Black, African, and Caribbean heritage, women’s history, disability awareness, global perspectives and LGBT culture.
Need Help? Contact Us Today!
During this time, the best way to reach us is via e-mail. Remember to include your contact information so that we can best serve you. E-mailing us through your student BCC E-mail is preferred.