- The College Senate has 58 members consisting of students representatives, full-time faculty, non-teaching instructional staff, classified staff (campus peace officers, maintenance, etc) the President, Vice Presidents and Deans of the College.
- In addition, there shall be ex-officio non-voting members.
- Student representatives will be elected by the Student Government Association. Additional representatives shall be elected according to the procedures for the election of officers stipulated in the SGA.
- Every student representative to the Senate must be certified by the Registrar’s Office as being a full-time student in good academic standing.
Student representatives shall serve for a period of one year.
- All student representatives have the voting privilege unless otherwise noted.
Discover the Committees
Student Senators serve on a array of committees at BCC. Our institution’s long time commitment to “shared governance” dictates that these committees be composed of a diverse group of constituencies; in most cases that includes a mixture of students, faculty and staff members. Listed below are each of the committees students serve on during the academic year.
Executive Committee (14 voting members)
Governance and Elections Committee (10 voting members)
Academic Standing Committee (23 voting members)
Curriculum Committee (25 voting members)
Student Activities Committee (10 voting members)
Space, Facilities, and Physical Plant Committee (7 voting members)
- Consult with and advise the administration in reference to allocation of space and facilities within the College.
Standing Committees with Advisory Functions
Instructional & Professional Development Committee (24 voting members)
- Solicit information from students to determine problem areas in the instructional process, which may be explored by the committee.
Community Relations & Special Events Committee (7 voting members)
- Consult with and advise administrative officers on ongoing and proposed projects and special events.
Vice Presidents & Deans Committee (7 voting members)