Chair: Vivian Rodriguez
Vice Chair: John Ziegler
Secretary: Jacqueline Polanco
The Committee meets generally meets monthly. All meetings are open to the public.
Time: 3:00 – 5:00 pm
Fall 2022: 9/6, 10/11, 11/1, 12/6
Spring 2023: 2/7, 3/7, 4/4, 5/2
The Committee on Instruction and Professional Development
Functions of the Committee on Instruction and Professional Development:
- Examine developments in the instructional process related to the improvements of instruction, and publicize such developments.
- Conduct an annual survey of the faculty at the end of the Spring semester to determine areas of concern and problems that may be addressed by the committee.
- Canvass students to determine problem areas in the instructional process which may be explored by the committee.
- Distribute to the faculty information on issues relevant to college teaching, including bibliographies of materials available in the College library.
- Organize workshops dealing with various aspects of instruction, including new developments in teaching technology.
- Consult and advise the Vice President of Academic Affairs on student evaluation of instruction in accordance with the policies of the Senate and the Board of Trustees of The City University of New York.
- Advise the Vice President of Academic Affairs on methods and procedures related to the improvement of instruction and the professional development of Instructional Staff.
- Frank Blanchard (Art & Music)
- Rebeca Araya (Biological Sciences)
Alt. Raffaella Diotti
- Howard Irby, Jr. (Business Information Systems)
Alt. Harini Mittal
- Julio Garay (Chemistry, Earth Sciences, & Environmental Sciences)
Alt. Adam Shale
- Joël Magloire (Communication Arts & Sciences)
Alt. Ellen Mareneck
- Elise Langan (Education & Academic Literacy)
Alt. Joseph Todaro
- Vicente Montero (Engineering, Physics & Technology)
Alt. Vicenzo Rigaglia
- John Ziegler (English)
Alt. Julie Bolt
- Charmaine Aleong (Health, Physical Education & Recreation)
- Rachel Otheguy (History)
Alt. Mara Lazda
- Carl Andrews (Library)
- Suzanne Zybert (Mathematics & Computer Science)
Alt. Yunchun Hu
- Vivian Rodriguez (Nursing & Allied Health Sciences)
Alt. Manish Sharma
- Jacqueline Polanco (Social Sciences)
Alt. Min Liu
- Kevin Viner (World Languages and Cultures)
Alt. Carlos Rivera
- Katherine Acevedo-Coppa (Academic Affairs)
- Mark Lennerton (Center for Teaching, Learning & Technology)
- Collins Anokye (Student)