The Committee meets generally meets monthly. All meetings are open to the public.
Location: Language Hall PCR
Time: 3 – 4:50 pm
Fall 2019: 9/3, 10/15, 11/5, 12/3
Spring 2020: 2/4, 3/3, 3/31, 4/7, 5/5
All remaining CIPD meetings for the semester will be held remotely
Access Information for Virtual Meeting on Tuesday, April 7, 3:30 pm
Meeting number: 622 723 486
You can also dial 220.127.116.11 and enter your meeting number.
+1-408-418-9388 United States Toll
Access code: 622 723 486
The Committee on Instruction and Professional Development
Functions of the Committee on Instruction and Professional Development:
- Examine developments in the instructional process related to the improvements of instruction, and publicize such developments.
- Conduct an annual survey of the faculty at the end of the Spring semester to determine areas of concern and problems that may be addressed by the committee.
- Canvass students to determine problem areas in the instructional process which may be explored by the committee.
- Distribute to the faculty information on issues relevant to college teaching, including bibliographies of materials available in the College library.
- Organize workshops dealing with various aspects of instruction, including new developments in teaching technology.
- Consult and advise the Vice President of Academic Affairs on student evaluation of instruction in accordance with the policies of the Senate and the Board of Trustees of The City University of New York.
- Advise the Vice President of Academic Affairs on methods and procedures related to the improvement of instruction and the professional development of Instructional Staff.
- Art & Music: Frank Blanchard
Alt. Lisa Amowitz
- Biology: Rebeca Araya
Alt. Raffaella Diotti
- Business: Howard Irby, Jr.
Alt. Sophie Francis
- Chemistry: Sunej Hans
Alt. Julio Garay
- Communications: Joël Magloire
Alt. Cheyenne Seymour
- Engineering, Physics and Technology: Hamad Khan
- English: John Ziegler
Alt. James K. Harris
- History: Rachel Otheguy
Alt. Mara Lazda
- Health, Phys. Ed and Recreation: Kelvin Cooper
- Library: Angel Falcón
- Mathematics: Yunchun HuZhe
- Modern Languages: Salvador Salazar
Alt. Carlos Rivera
- Nursing and Radiologic Technology: Vivian Rodriguez
- Education & Literacy: Elise Langan
- Social Sciences: Nelson Reynoso
Alt. Kwame Nyarko
- Academic Affairs: Katherine Acevedo-Coppa
- Kayme Marcelino (SGA)
- Lennin Quintanilla (Student)
- Odalisa Santos (Student)
- Saikou Yaya Fadiga (Student Alternate)