The Committee meets monthly on Tuesdays. All meetings are open to the public. Meetings dates should be confirmed by referencing the College’s Calendar.
Location: Virtual Meeting
Time: 12 – 1:50 pm
Fall 2020: 9/8, 10/6, 11/3, 12/1,
Spring 2021: 2/2, 3/2, 4/6, 5/4
Committee on Governance and Elections
Functions of the Committee on Governance and Elections:
- Review the process of governance of the College on a continuing basis.
- Prepare and present to the Senate a biennial evaluation of the governance of the College.
- Recommend changes in administrative and governance structure and practices, and amendments to this document.
- Consider recommendations from the administration, faculty, staff, and students for changes to this document.
- Interpret the Governance Plan subject to Senate review and approval.
- Conduct nominations and elections for the offices designated in the Governance Plan as well as for outside organizations with which the College may have an official connection, including:
- Determining eligibility to vote and hold office.
- Establishing procedures for disseminating information about candidates to their electorates.
- Presenting nominations and reporting results to the College at-large.
- Establishing procedures for nominations and elections not otherwise specified in the Governance Plan
- Hear complaints regarding the breach of the Governance Plan or Bylaws and make recommendations to resolve such complaints.
- Franklin Moore (Business Information Systems)
- Jesus Sanabria (Library)
- Jonathan Scott (English)
- Goldie Sherr (Biological Sciences)
- James Webb (Communications Art & Sciences)
- Priscilla Tokor (SGA President)
- Sameera Audi (SGA Secretary)
- Gabriel Morillo (SGA Executive Officer for Legal and Legislative Affairs)
- SGA VP/IOC Chair or Alternate – VACANT