The Committee meets monthly on Tuesdays. All meetings are open to the public. Meetings dates should be confirmed by referencing the College’s Calendar.
Location: Language Hall PCR
Time: 12 – 1:50 pm
Fall 2019: 9/24, 10/15, 11/5, 12/3,
Spring 2020: 2/4, 3/3, 3/31, 4/7, 5/5
All remaining G&E meetings for the semester will be held virtually
Access Information for virtual meetings:
Meeting number: 797 439 609
Join by video system
You can also dial 22.214.171.124 and enter your meeting number.
Join by phone
+1-408-418-9388 United States Toll
1-844-992-4726 United States Toll Free
Access code: 797 439 609
Committee on Governance and Elections
Functions of the Committee on Governance and Elections:
- Review the process of governance of the College on a continuing basis.
- Prepare and present to the Senate a biennial evaluation of the governance of the College.
- Recommend changes in administrative and governance structure and practices, and amendments to this document.
- Consider recommendations from the administration, faculty, staff, and students for changes to this document.
- Interpret the Governance Plan subject to Senate review and approval.
- Conduct nominations and elections for the offices designated in the Governance Plan as well as for outside organizations with which the College may have an official connection, including:
- Determining eligibility to vote and hold office.
- Establishing procedures for disseminating information about candidates to their electorates.
- Presenting nominations and reporting results to the College at-large.
- Establishing procedures for nominations and elections not otherwise specified in the Governance Plan
- Hear complaints regarding the breach of the Governance Plan or Bylaws and make recommendations to resolve such complaints.
- Franklin Moore (Business Information Systems)
- Jesus Sanabria (Library)
- Jonathan Scott (English)
- Goldie Sherr (Biological Sciences)
- James Webb (Communications Art & Sciences)
- Quiana Berry (SGA President)
- Amber Lake (SGA)
- SGA VP/IOC Chair or Alternate – VACANT
- SGA Executive Officer for Legal and Legislative Affairs – VACANT