2021-2022 SGA Meetings Info Below!
Student Government Association (SGA)
Student Government Association (SGA) is the representative governing body of the student population. We enable students to voice their opinions through campus committees and public Senate meetings.
Learn More Below!
Photo of the SGA Bi-monthly Meetings with the President (2018-2019)
Who We Are:
We sponsor student services ranging from campus recreation events and activities to student health services and social justice initiatives.
- We are comprised of 15 student senators.
- We are governed by a constitution.
- The SGA is required to meet every 2 weeks throughout our one year term.
- SGA meetings are announced in advance and are open to the campus community and the public.
- Click Here for our Bi-Weekly Zoom meetings.
- SGA Meets every other Tuesday from 4:00 – 6:00PM for the Spring 2022 Semester.
Why join the Student Government Association?
Make a difference on campus
Senators represent the students on the College Senate and its related sub-committees. Learn more about student representation in the College Senate.
Develop your leadership skills
- Two executive officers (President, Legal Legislator) also represent BCC students on the University Student Senate (USS). Learn more about the USS.
- Five of the 15 Senators serve as Executive Officers in the roles of President, Vice President, Legal Legislator, Treasurer and Secretary.
- Each executive Senator receives a stipend, funded by student activity fees, totaling $3,314 per year.
Attend networking opportunities
- The SGA receives a portion of student activity fees each year to develop programs and cultural enrichment activities for students.
- Co-curricular programs include Welcome Week, Freshman Convocation, Halloween Costume Party, Club Fair, World AIDS Day, Poet’s Lounge, SGA Go Green Workshop Series, Dinner for Dignity and many more.
- BCC offer celebrations for Hispanic heritage, Black, African, and Caribbean heritage, women’s history, disability awareness, global perspectives and LGBT culture.
Need Help? Contact Us Today!
During this time, the best way to reach us is via e-mail. Remember to include your contact information so that we can best serve you. E-mailing us through your student BCC E-mail is preferred.