Please read and accept this Agreement before activating and using your Bronco Account. It contains the terms and conditions of the Bronco Account linked to your Bronco Card. By adding value, registering for online Bronco Account access and/or using your Bronco Card, you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions contained in this Agreement.
- “You” and “Your” each mean the Cardholder.
- “We,” “Us” and “Our” each mean the Bronx Community College, City University of New York (CUNY) and the Bronx Community College Auxiliary Services Corporation (BCCASC).
- “Cardholder” means an individual in whose name and for whose benefit a Bronco Card has been issued by BCCASC.
- “Contributor” means an individual other than the Cardholder who adds value to a Bronco Account for a Cardholder.
- “College” means the Bronx Community College, City University of New York (CUNY) and “Campus” means the College campus.
- “CUNY” and “University” mean The City University of New York.
- “Bronco Card/Campus Services Office” currently means the ID Room and Office of Parking located in Colston Hall, Room 2020.
- “Bronco Card” means the official Bronx Community College ID Card issued by the BCCASC to a cardholder.
- “Dedicated Dollars” are funds deposited to a Bronco Account “wallet” for a specific purpose. A Bronco Account may have one or more account “wallets”.
- “Bronco Account” and “Account” each mean a stored-value account that can hold pre-paid funds that can be accessed using the Bronco Card. A Bronco Card may be linked to one or more “Wallets”. The use of the singular term “Account” in this Agreement shall include the plural term “Accounts” where applicable.
- “Stored-value account” means a pre-paid, declining-balance spending account or wallet.
- “Bronco Card Website” means the BCC College website page containing information about the Program.
- “Online Community System” means the area of the Bronco Card Website where a Cardholder may login and manage his/her Bronco Card Account.
- “CMC’s” and “Card Management Centers”, also known as PHIL stations, mean the terminals located on the Campus where a Cardholder may add value to his/her Bronco Card Account.
- “PHIL”: Payment Headquarters in Location are the original name for CMCs
- “Accepting Location” means a point-of-sale location that is authorized to accept the Bronco Card with an active Bronco Account for the purchase of goods and services.
- Bronx Community College Auxiliary Services Corporation (BCCASC) is a not-for-profit organization created to support the College through services it provides. The BCCASC for the purposes of the Bronco Account Program functions as a fiscal agent of the College.
2) Bronco Card Description
The Bronco Card is a multi-purpose ID card that can be used to access the following services:
- Official Bronx Community College Identification;
- Office Bronx Community College Campus Access Card;
- Official Bronx Community College Library Card;
- Access mechanism for Your Bronco Account;
This Agreement governs use of the Bronco Card as an access device for Your Bronco Account. Other functions and applications of the Bronco Card are subject to the rules and regulations of the College and BCCASC applicable to those functions and applications. Your Bronco Card at all times remains the property of Bronx Community College.
3) Bronco Account
Eligible Cardholders may, at their option, use the Bronco Card as a stored-value card to access one or more pre-paid wallets or to store Bronco Bucks. By opening a Bronco Account, you agree to be legally bound by all terms and conditions set forth in this agreement.
The Bronco Card is not a credit card, debit card, or ATM card, and there is no credit account or deposit account associated with the Bronco Account. Bronco Account balances do not accrue interest or other earnings. BCCASC is not acting as a trustee or fiduciary with respect to funds in Bronco Accounts. The Bronco Card cannot be used to make cash withdrawals, cash transfers or cash advances from a Bronco Account. There are no refunds except as provided in this Agreement.
Bronco Account funds carry over from semester to semester until you separate from the College, as defined in this Agreement, except where otherwise provided (see “Multiple Wallets” below).
4) Multiple Wallets
Bronco Cards may be associated to various wallets that are subject to differing restrictions with respect to eligibility, use of funds, sales tax, refund-ability, and carryover of funds from semester to semester, and other terms and conditions as defined by each wallet program or program sponsor.
You may have access to the following account types:
- BCC Print Wallet: Each semester each student is credited with printing funds: full time students receive $35.00 while part-time students receive $17.50. These credits are non-transferrable and non-refundable and expire at the end of the semester.
- BCC TRANSIT Wallet: (Coming Soon) wallet is reserved for pre-paid or sponsored transportation programs (e.g., MetroCard, BCC parking). For ASAP, or similar sponsored travel programs, compliance with program requirements may be associated with monthly credits. These funds are non-transferrable and non-refundable and expire at the end of the semester.
- BCC BOOKS Wallet: This wallet is reserved for pre-paid or sponsored book vouchers, such as those offered by ASAP or other sponsored scholarship or grant. These credits are subject to program requirements and non-transferrable and non-refundable and expire at the end of the semester.
- BCC Dining (Coming Soon): Students may choose from several different meal plans as outlined in the Bronx Community College Student Meal Plan Agreement. Dollars deposited into the BCC Dining wallet are for use in the Campus Center Cafeteria, located at Roscoe Brown Student Center. (Students who use their Dining Account are not charged tax on their food purchases.) You must complete a Student Meal Plan agreement in order to sign up for this type of account if you wish to use it. Dining plans expire at the end of each semester. Other restrictions may apply.
- Bronco Bucks: These are stored funds, deposited by the student or a Contributor, for purchases at any on or off campus participating location, including print, vending, and dining. Use of funds in this wallet are NOT tax exempt and funds deducted will include the applicable sales tax on any purchase. Bronco Bucks automatically roll over from one semester to the next and upon separation from the College, may be refunded (see separation from the college),
5) Bronco Card Office Contact Information
The Bronco Card Office may be contacted (i) by email at BroncoCard@bcc.cuny.edu (ii) by phone at (718) 289-5365 during regularly scheduled office hours, (iii) in person at the Bronco Card Help Desk, currently located in Roscoe Brown Student Center 308, during regularly scheduled office hours, and (iv) in writing to the Bronco Card Office, Campus and Auxiliary Services, Snow Hall. You may also get information and support by visiting the Bronco Card Website at www.bcc.cuny.edu/BroncoCard
6) Bronco Card Account Eligibility
In order to be eligible to receive a Bronco Card Account, you must meet the following requirements:
- You are either an officially registered student of the College who has been financially cleared in accordance with College and CUNY policy, an employee of the College, or an authorized college affiliate who has been provided a College ID Card due to enrollment in or utilization of space or services at the College;
- You have read and understood this Agreement and agree that you will be bound by and will comply with all of its terms and conditions.
If you do not agree with all of these statements and meet the above requirements, you may not use the Bronco Account feature of your Bronco Card.
7) Adding Value to Your Bronco Card Account
The Bronco Bucks wallet is automatically enabled when you receive your card.
- Student Bill: Bronco Bucks may be purchased at the beginning of the semester through the Student Bill process, by using the “Bill and Payment Adjustment Form” to request that an optional charge be added to your account.
- Online Community System: You and your Contributors may add value to your Bronco Card Account on the Online Community System using a credit card. MasterCard, Visa and American Express will be accepted.
- The minimum credit card deposit permitted is $25.00.
- Cash Management Centers: You may add value to Your Bronco Card account at the CMC’s with cash.
In the event that any transfer of value to Your Bronco Account becomes subject to a chargeback after value has been credited to the Bronco Account, BCCASC will be entitled to recover the full amount of the charged-back payment by deducting an equivalent amount from your Bronco Account plus any fees incurred as the result of the chargeback.
We reserve the right to accept or reject any request to add value to Your Bronco Account and to establish limits regarding the minimum and maximum value that may be added to your Bronco Account.
8) Accessing Bronco Card Account Information
You may obtain information regarding Your Bronco Account usage, including your wallet balances and recent transactions, by logging on to the Online Community System. https://eacct-cuny-bronx-sp.transactcampus.com/eAccounts/
Questions regarding your Bronco Account balances and transactions should be made in writing to the Bronco Card Office or by email at BroncoCard@bcc.cuny.edu. Email communications to the Bronco Card Office must be made using your official College email address.
You will not be sent statements regarding your Bronco Card Account balances or transactions, but they are available online at: https://eacct-cuny-bronx-sp.transactcampus.com/eAccounts/
9) Making Purchases with Your Bronco Card
- Your Bronco Card can only be used for purchases of goods and services at accepting locations. Purchases are subject to sales tax where applicable.
- Your Bronco Card must be presented at the time of purchase and is the only means of accessing Your Bronco Account.
- You are responsible for use of Your Bronco Card in accordance with the instructions at the accepting location.
- You must have sufficient value available in your Bronco Account to pay for each transaction.
- Each time a Bronco Card is used to pay for a transaction, the amount of the transaction will be deducted from your Bronco Account. Transactions are not always instantaneously deducted from your Bronco Account. You are responsible for monitoring your account balance and for observing the transaction amount at the point and time of sale. You are responsible for all purchases made with your Bronco Card and for any shortfall in your Bronco Card Account as set forth in “Account Shortfalls,” below.
- We reserve the right to establish daily spending limits, minimum and maximum transaction amounts, and/or limit purchases made with the Bronco Card to approved goods and services.
10) Disputes/Returns/Refunds for Purchases Made with Bronco Card
You agree to work directly with the applicable Accepting Location to resolve any disputes about purchases made using your Bronco Card. Requests for returns or refunds for purchases are subject to the policy of the Accepting Location. If you are entitled to a refund for any reason for goods or services obtained with your Bronco Card, the refund will be credited to your Bronco Account. No cash refund(s) will be made for purchases with Your Bronco Card.
11) Account Shortfalls
If, for any reason, a transaction is processed for more than the value in the applicable wallet of your Bronco Account, you are liable for the resulting shortfall. You agree to promptly add value to your Bronco Account to cover any shortfall. BCCASC will automatically deduct, without prior notice, the amount of any shortfall from your Bronco Bucks wallet. In addition, BCCASC reserves the right to (i) request payment upon demand of the amount of any shortfall; (ii) suspend your Bronco Account until payment of any shortfall is made in whole and (iii) use any other means available to collect the amounts owing.
All financial obligations for your Bronco Account must be satisfied in full before you will be permitted to receive transcripts, receive a diploma, or register for classes.
Your Bronco Card Account is subject to the following fees, where applicable:
|Initial Card issued:||No Charge|
|Card Replacement Fees*: replacement card:||$10.00|
* No fee will be charged for the replacement of cards due to normal wear and tear damage. Damaged cards must be surrendered at time of replacement.
|Maintenance Fee (initiated 90-days after Separation from College:||$5.00 per month|
|Refund Processing Fee:||$10.00|
|Returned Payment/Check Fee:||$20.00|
Except as otherwise provided in this Agreement, the College and BCCASC will not charge any fees in connection with the use of the Bronco Account.
13) Lost or Stolen Bronco Card
You are responsible for safeguarding Your Bronco Card. You should immediately report and deactivate a lost or stolen Bronco Card by going to: https://eacct-cuny-bronx-sp.transactcampus.com/eAccounts/ and selecting “Card Services” from the ribbon and selecting the option to deactivate the card. Cards can also be deactivated by contacting the Bronco Card Office during regular business hours by phone at (718) 289-5365. You are responsible for all use of your card prior to report of the lost or stolen Bronco Card using one of these two mechanisms. Neither the College nor BCCASC is liable for a lost or stolen Bronco Card.
If your card was reported lost and you find it within (2) days of being reported lost, and a replacement card has not yet been issued, you may reactivate your card online, via the phone, or in person at the Bronco Card Office.
If your card has been reported stolen, it can only be reactivated by the card holder in person at the Bronco Card Office.
14) Replacement Cards
A damaged or defaced card is not valid and must be replaced by the Bronco Card Office. The initial card is provided at no charge. A replacement cost will be charged for a lost, stolen or damaged Bronco Card in accordance with Section 12 – Fees, listed above. Damaged cards must be surrendered at time of replacement. Upon issuance of a replacement card, remaining available value in Your Bronco Card Account will be transferred to your replacement Bronco Card.
15) Separation from the College
Bronco Card Accounts become invalid upon separation from the College. For the purpose of this Agreement, separation from the College shall mean:
- With respect to a student, (i) 30 days after the start of the second consecutive semester of non-registration, or (ii) upon the effective date of graduation, dismissal, withdrawal, transfer to another college, expulsion or such other separation in accordance with the College’s policies.
- With respect to an employee or affiliate, upon the effective date of resignation, termination or such other separation in accordance with the College’s policies
Bronco Card Account Refund upon Separation from the College
- You may request a refund of Your Bronco Card Account balance when you separate from the College as provided in this Section. Proof of such separation will be required.
- A $10.00 processing fee will be deducted from the refund. Refunds will not be issued for Accounts of $10.00 or less in value.
- Refund requests should be made no later than ninety (90) days from the date of separation from the College.
- All refund requests must be made in writing to the Bursar or the Campus Service Center. All Bronx Community College and BCCASC liabilities must be satisfied in order for a refund to be processed. Refund checks will be mailed to the Cardholder’s address as recorded in CUNYFirst.
- If you separate from the College without requesting a refund, the College will maintain your unused account funds but will charge you a monthly maintenance fee of $5.00 starting with the fourth month after the date of separation and will deduct that fee from your account balance prior to issuing any refund. Written notification of monthly maintenance charges will be sent to the most recent address on record with the Bronco Card Office approximately 3-4 weeks prior to implementing maintenance charges.
- Accounts with zero balance will be closed. The amount of any monthly maintenance fee is not refundable in whole or in part and will not be restored even if you later request a refund.
Your rights and privileges under this Agreement are not transferable; they belong exclusively to you and may not be assigned to anyone else on a temporary or permanent basis. You may not reveal your Account login information or password(s) to anyone. Cards presented by anyone other than the proper holder of the card will be confiscated and returned to the Bronco Card Office
17) Unauthorized Use
If you use or attempt to use your Bronco Card or your Bronco Account for purposes other than permitted uses, including but not limited to tampering, hacking, altering, duplicating, modifying or otherwise corrupting the security or functionality of your Bronco Card or the Bronco Card Program, your Bronco Account will be terminated and you may be subject to disciplinary charges, civil and/or criminal prosecution.
18) Cancellation; Suspension of Use
The BCCASC may, in its sole and absolute discretion, limit, suspend or cancel your use of your Bronco Account. The BCCASC and the College may refuse to activate a Bronco Account or may revoke Bronco Card privileges with or without notice. You agree not to use or attempt to use an expired, revoked or otherwise invalid Bronco Card.
19) Electronic Bronco Card Account Information & Communications
To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, this Agreement and any other agreements, notices or other communications regarding your Bronco Card and Bronco Account (“Communications”) may be provided to you electronically and you agree to receive all Communications from the BCCASC in electronic form. Electronic Communications may be posted on the Bronco Card Website and/or delivered to your official Bronx Community College email address. It is your responsibility to check your official College e-mail account regularly. You may print a copy of any Communications and retain it for your records.
All communications in either electronic or paper format will be considered to be in “writing,” and to have been received whether or not you have received or retrieved the Communication.
20) Disclosure of Account Information to Third Parties
We will disclose information to third parties about your Bronco Card Account.
- where it is necessary for completing transactions;
- when the status of an account must be verified;
- in order to comply with government agency or court orders;
- if you have provided written permission;
- to entities contracted by the BCCASC or the College to perform system support and maintenance, collections, and other services with respect to the Bronco Card Program, in order that they may perform those services;
- in order to prevent or investigate possible illegal activity; and
- where otherwise provided by law or by the policies and regulations of BCCASC, the College or CUNY.
21) Changes in Terms and Conditions
Terms and conditions of this agreement are subject to change and will be posted in the Bronco Card Office and on the Bronco Card website. Your use of your Bronco Card on or after the effective date of change means that you accept and agree to the change. Prior notice need not be given where immediate change in the terms and conditions is necessary to maintain or protect the security of the Bronco Card Accounts:
22) Hold Harmless
Neither the BCCASC or the College shall be liable for any loss, cost, damage or expense incurred by you relating to the use or attempted use of Your Bronco Card by You or any other third party.
23) Governing Law and Rules and Regulations
All uses of the Bronco Card and Bronco Card Account are governed by and subject to the laws and regulations of the United States, the State of New York, the City of New York, and by the rules and regulations of the City of New York and the Bronx Community College.