Proudly Serving Bronx Community College’s Veterans, Active Duty, National Guard, Reservists, and Dependents
The Office of Veteran and Military Resources (VMR) provides services for veterans, current service members, and their dependents who are enrolled at Bronx Community College.
From the college application all the way to graduation, the VMR takes a proactive approach to assisting the student-veteran. We introduce student-veterans to the resources they need to be successful. We not only connect student-veterans with other veterans attending the College and the greater veteran community, but help them integrate with the rest of the student and civilian population. The VMR also provides student-veterans with a lounge where they can relax, study, and grab a cup of coffee.
The VMR assists with:
- Processing application fee waivers for new and transfer student-veterans
- Processing and certifying veteran-specific educational benefits, including:
- The Post 9/11 GI Bill (CH 33)
- Montgomery GI Bill(CH 30)
- Voc Rehab (CH 31)
- Dependents Educational Assistance Program (CH 35)
- Service-specific tuition assistance
- Veterans tuition awards
- Academic advisement
- Joint Service Transcript credit evaluation
- Registration and withdrawals due to military orders
- Current Service members that are going to use Tuition Assistance are encouraged to speak with your Educational Service Officer (ESO) or counselor within your Military Service branch prior to enrolling into Bronx Community College.
- Your TA request must be approved before the start date of the class
- Soldiers whose TA request are not approved by the class start date will not be approved.
Contact Our Office
Loew Hall -room 326
Veteran Services Coordinator
Intake coordinator/ Certifying Official
Mon – Fri: 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Please note: When classes are not in session the office closes at 5:00 PM
CUNY Army ROTC Program
Army ROTC is a leadership program where you will be able to take 24 elective credits that will coincide with your four-year college degree program resulting in your commission as an Army Officer (Second Lieutenant) upon graduation. Read More.