College Personnel & Budget Committee
SECTION 8.7. COMMITTEE ON FACULTY PERSONNEL AND BUDGET
a. There shall be in each college a committee on faculty personnel and budget or equivalent committee. The chairperson of this committee shall be the president. The members of the committee may include the department chairs, the vice president of academic affairs and one or more deans designated by the president
b. This committee shall receive from the several departments all recommendations for annual appointments to full-time faculty titles, including annual appointments to the titles distinguished lecturer, clinical professor, lecturer and instructor as well as titles in the college laboratory technician series, reappointments thereto, with or without tenure, and promotions therein, together with compensation; it shall recommend action thereon to the president. The committee may also recommend to the president special salary increments. The president shall consider such recommendations in making his/her recommendations on such matters to the chancellor
c. Within the period prescribed by the chancellor, the president shall prepare the annual tentative budget and submit it to the committee for its recommendations. The committee shall make its recommendations within the period prescribed by the chancellor and submit them to the president. The president shall submit to the chancellor, within the period prescribed by the chancellor, such tentative annual budget, together with his/her comments and recommendations and any comments and recommendations of the committee
BCC Governance Plan
IV. THE COLLEGE PERSONNEL AND BUDGET COMMITTEE AND THE ACADEMIC REVIEW COMMITTEE
A. The College Personnel and Budget Committee
1. Functions of the College Personnel and Budget Committee:
a. Make recommendations to the President with regard to the Instructional Staff serving in the instructional departments of the College concerning appointments, reappointments, reappointments with tenure, leaves of absence, fellowship leaves, promotions, salary adjustments, and appeals of actions on these matters, consistent with the College’s appeals procedure.
b. Make recommendations to the President with regard to the annual tentative budget prepared by the President.
c. Adopt and make known to the College community its procedures and calendar.
2. Membership of the College Personnel and Budget Committee:
a. The President of the College, who shall preside.
b. The Vice President of Academic Affairs, who shall preside in the absence of the President.
c. The Chairpersons of all instructional departments.
d. All other Vice Presidents of the College, who shall be members without vote.
e. The Secretary of the Committee, who shall be designated by the President and shall serve without vote.
B. The Academic Review Committee
1. Functions of the Academic Review Committee:
a. Review all recommendations made by the College Personnel and Budget Committee for reappointments, promotions, and tenure, and make recommendations to the President.
2. Membership of the Academic Review Committee:
a. Three tenured Full Professors who are not members of the College Personnel and Budget Committee, elected by the Senate from the faculty at-large, and who do not hold excluded titles (i.e. Vice Presidents, Deans, Directors).
b. Two tenured Full Professors who are not members of the College Personnel and Budget Committee, elected by the College Personnel and Budget Committee, and who do not hold excluded titles.
c. One non-voting member of the College Personnel and Budget Committee, designated by the President, who shall serve without vote. It shall be the responsibility of the President’s designee to impartially relate the deliberations and outcome of the College Personnel and Budget Committee for the committee’s review.
P & B Membership
- Thomas Isekenegbe – College President (chair)
- Lester Sandres Rápalo – Provost & VP of Academic Affairs
- Roni Ben-Nun – Art & Music
- Chris Robinson – Biological Sciences
- Howard Clampman – Business Information Systems
- Neal Phillip – Chemistry, Earth Sciences, & Environmental Sciences
- Sara Brady – Communication Arts & Sciences
- George Sanchez – Education & Academic Literacy
- Jalil Moghaddasi – Engineering, Physics & Technology
- Kathleen Urda – English
- Shazia Khan – Health, Physical Education & Recreation
- Tamar Rothenberg – History
- Michael Miller – Library
- Anthony Weaver – Mathematics & Computer Science
- Kenya Harris – Nursing & Allied Health Sciences
- Gilbert Marzan – Social Sciences
- Alexander Lamazares – World Languages and Cultures
- Irene Delgado – VP of Student Success (non-voting)
- Kay Ellis – VP of Administration & Finance (non-voting)
- Eddy Bayardelle – VP of Advancement, Communications and External Relations (non-voting)
- Karla Williams – (non-voting)
Academic Review Membership
- Stephen Powers
- Paul Jaijairam
- Maria Psarelli
- Helen Papas-Kavalis
- Kate Culkin
- Karla Williams (non-voting)