The mission of Campus and Facilities Planning is to provide leadership and planning services related to capital planning, space use, project management, and asset replacement to optimize resources and promote organizational improvement and excellence.
What We Do:
Scoping Construction Projects
- Conduct review of facilities’ conditions and coordinate on scoping with Physical Plant Services, Information Technology, BCC faculty and staff, CUNY’s Office of Facilities Planning, Construction and Management (FPCM), and the Dormitory Authority of the State of New York (DASNY).
- Write initial scopes of work for conditions requiring construction projects.
- Prioritize projects to maintain safety, ensure code compliance, support the educational mission, and preserve capital resources.
Coordinating Capital Funded Projects
- Write capital project requests and coordinate preparation of the BCC Five Year Capital Construction Plans.
- Represent BCC interests with CUNY FPCM/Dormitory Authority of the State of New York, the New York Power Authority, and other agencies during the design and construction of projects.
- Coordinate input required from BCC during design and construction.
- Keep the BCC campus apprised of project progress and campus impacts.
Coordinating Non-Capital Funded Projects
- Coordinate requests for design services by CUNY FPCM for tasks such as accommodating equipment and partitioning rooms.
- Work with BCC Environmental Health and Safety Department to scope and implement environmental health projects.
- Scope and then develop requisitions for emergency work, architectural repairs, and furniture and furnishings.
- Coordinate BCC’s input in master planning efforts for this campus.
- Receive and coordinate space planning requests.
- Coordinate updates to CUNY’s ARCHIBUS space inventory system.
Campus and Facilities Planning
Bronx Community College
South Hall, Room 302
Bronx, NY 10453