BCC is Building a Community of Excellence!
The President’s Office and the Office of Administrative Affairs are happy to share with you a number of significant improvements that have been made since September 2014 to enhance the quality of campus life for all Bronx Community College students, faculty, staff and visitors.
Campus Planning Recent Projects
- Meister Hall Learning Commons
- Bliss Hall – two new classrooms 104 and 10 new spaces
- Meister Hall Lobby Student Lounge
- Nichols Hall ASAP new Administrative and Advisory offices
- Loew Hall Admissions area
- Bathroom Upgrades
- Roscoe Brown Student Center 1st Floor Women’s / men’s Bathroom and 2nd floor men’s– fully renovated and opened for use.
- Sage Hall 1st Floor Women’s / men’s Bathroom – fully renovated and opened for use.
- New Hall 2nd Floor women’s / Men’s Bathroom – fully renovated and open for use.
- Security Lighting
- Additional outside lighting has been added throughout the campus to create a safer environment.
- Utilities Upgrade Phase IV: This phase of the comprehensive multi-year Campus-wide Utilities Upgrade project will complete the replacement of distribution piping to the buildings on the south and east ends of campus. This will facilitate the distribution of hot and chilled water from the new plant and introduce new electrical and communications conduit to the buildings. Construction of new electric service bldg. Completion scheduled: Spring 2018
- Alumni Gym Pool Restoration: The College's swimming pool has been out of service since 2008 because of leaks. This project will replace leaking piping and dilapidated equipment and make the pool handicapped accessible. Completion scheduled: Spring 2018
- Quad: This project will include replacement of all landscaping, lighting, seating, sidewalks and the roadways around the Quad and greatly enhance the beauty and ambiance of our Historic Landmark campus.
- Utilities Upgrade Phase III: This phase of the comprehensive multi-year Campus-wide Utilities Upgrade project has completed the replacement of distribution piping to the buildings on the south and west ends of campus. This now facilitates the distribution of hot and chilled water from the new plant and introduce new electrical and communications conduit to the buildings.
- Patterson Parking Lot, New Receiving Building: The building of North Hall Library on an existing parking lot eliminated much-needed campus parking. This project constructed a new 146 space parking lot, restoring the spaces lost when North Hall was constructed. An additional benefit to the campus is the creation of a new Receiving Area across the street, thereby eliminating the need for large delivery vehicles on the general campus property.
- Campus Backflow Prevention: This project installed backflow prevention devices, valves and cross connection piping campus-wide and improved the distribution of water service between the campus and the city water systems.
- Roscoe Brown Student Center/Annex: This component is part of the replacement of fire alarm systems campus-wide to improve efficiency and enhance safety.
Campus and Facilities Planning
Bronx Community College
South Hall, Room 302
Bronx, NY 10453