Sharing BCC news and events, or promoting faculty and student work through social media tools is an excellent, low-cost way to engage the community and build the College’s brand. Faculty and staff are encouraged to use these sites to repost and share information that is available to the public (press releases, calendar events, articles in the OnCampus or Update Newsletters etc.) with their family and friends. The best way to share college news is to link to the original source. Please be sure to follow the guidelines below when sharing information that is not a matter of public record.
Bronx is Social
Bronx Community College uses social media as a marketing and communications tool to engage audiences, including but not limited to, prospective students, current students, donors, alumni, parents, faculty and staff, and the broader community, with a number of objectives in mind:
- To support the College’s mission, goals, programs, and sanctioned efforts, including College news, information, content, and directives.
- To enable and support student recruitment and retention.
- To leverage excitement around and build participation in fundraising campaigns.
- To engage alumni and strengthen alumni relations.
- To facilitate alumni/student/faculty relations in academic departments.
- To build pride and encourage dialogue among all community members.