The BCC Senate is responsible for the establishment of academic policy and for legislative and advisory functions related to the programs, operations and goals of the College. It is comprised of faculty, student government and administration representatives.
Senate legislative powers:
- Academic affairs, including curricula, degree requirements, admissions and grading structure.
- The protection of the academic freedom of students and instructional staff.
- The adoption of rules of procedure for itself, its committees and its subcommittees.
The senate meets once a month during the Fall and Spring semesters, usually on the third Thursday of the month, 12 – 1:50 pm.
- Fall 2019 Meeting Dates: 9/12, 9/26, 10/31, 11/21, 12/12
- Spring 2020 Meeting Dates: 2/27, 3/26, 4/30, 5/14
Upcoming meeting agendas will be posted here