The BCC Senate is responsible for the establishment of academic policy and for legislative and advisory functions related to the programs, operations and goals of the College. It is comprised of faculty, student government and administration representatives.
Our meetings are open to the public and we encourage you to attend. Agendas are available on this page in advance of all meetings.
Senate legislative powers:
- Academic affairs, including curricula, degree requirements, admissions and grading structure.
- The protection of the academic freedom of students and instructional staff.
- The adoption of rules of procedure for itself, its committees and its subcommittees.
The senate meets on Thursday, once-a-month, during the Fall and Spring semesters, 12 – 1:50 pm, in Nichols Hall 104.
- Fall 2019 Meeting Dates: 9/12, 9/26, 10/31, 11/21, 12/12
- Spring 2020 Meeting Dates: 2/27, 3/26, 4/30, 5/14