The Senate Executive Committee meets once per month, usually on the Monday immediately preceding the Senate Meeting.
Location: Language Hall, Room 17
Time: 2:15 – 3:30 pm
Fall 2022: 9/19, 10/24, 11/14, 12/5
Spring 2023: 2/13, 3/20, 4/27, 5/8
BCC Senate Executive Committee
December 5, 2022 02:15 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
Place: Language Hall 17 (PCR)
Materials for the meeting:
Senate Executive Committee
Functions of the Executive Committee:
- Prepare a schedule of regular meetings of the Senate by the beginning of each academic year.
- Prepare and transmit agendas and notices for all meetings of the Senate.
- Act on behalf of the Senate when the full body cannot be called into session and the matters in question must be decided without delay.
- Call the Senate into special session by a vote of two-thirds of the total membership, as provided in Section I(A)(3)(c).
- Appoint members of Standing Committees of the Senate as required by this document.
- Appoint members of other committees when requested by the President, the Senate, or any other administrative officer of the College.
- Review the College budget with the President at the beginning of each academic year.
- Prepare an annual evaluation of the performance and accomplishments of each standing committee of the Senate.
- Roni Ben-Nun – Senate / SEC Chair (Art & Music)
- Diane P. Banks – Senate / SEC Secretary (Biology)
- Sierra Moncayo – Senate Vice Chair
- Jason Ofosu-Mensah – SGA Vice President / I.O.C. Chair
- Bryan Cortes – SGA Legal and Legislative Affairs
- Thomas Isekenegbe – College President
- Charles Maliti – Faculty Council Chair (Biology)
- Lester Sandres Rápalo – Provost & VP of Academic Affairs
- Hisseine Faradj (Social Sciences)
- Monique Guishard (Social Sciences)
- Nikole Knight (Business Information Systems)
- Lourdes Rosario (Biology)
- Seth Offenbach (History)
- Peter Kolozi (Social Sciences)
- Irene Delgado – Vice President of Student Success (non-voting)
- Kay Ellis – Vice President of Admin. & Finance (non-voting)