For students or recent graduates, having an internship on their resume can be the best way to get a foot in the door. An internship is a work-related learning experience for individuals who seek hands-on training in a certain occupational field. Most internships are temporary assignments that can last from three months up to a year and can sometimes even lead to an offer of full-time employment.
An internship is an excellent way to determine if a particular industry and the profession is the best career option for the student to pursue. Interns not only gain practical work experience, but also build an understanding of corporate cultures, professional behavior, differences in work styles, and international business settings.
To qualify for an internship in your field of study, we recommend you schedule an appointment with your career specialist who will guide you with the necessary steps.
Our goal is to prepare students for the world of work through direct experience. We assist students and recent graduates with preparing for and securing part-time and full-time employment. These employment opportunities range from jobs directly related to the majors offered at BCC to non-major related jobs. Students in need of immediate employment can receive assistance as well.
To qualify for a job in your field of study, we recommend you schedule an appointment with your career specialist who will guide you with the necessary steps.
It’s better to be prepared for an opportunity and not have one, than to have an opportunity and not be prepared.― Les Brown (motivational speaker)
Symplicity provides students with a web-based internship and job bank, an online library of career development resources, as well as a Resume Builder (Find under Resources in the sidebar when you login) where you can get started on your resume.
- Dream careers – Accounting Internships
- Internships.com – Accounting Internships in New York City
- Looksharp.com – Accounting Entry-Level-Jobs in New York City
- Career Overview – New York Jobs and Job Search Resources
- New York State Department of Transportation
- Looksharp.com – Engineering Internships in New York City
- New York State Careers at NYSERDA
- New York State Education Department
- indeed Job Search – Nuclear Medicine Technologist
- Monster.com – Nuclear Medicine Technologist Jobs in New York