The child is the focus of attention at the BCC Early Childhood Center. Our philosophy lies in our respect for the uniqueness of young children and our genuine delight in the wonders of their growth and development. We try to create different types of environments where children blossom while learning the ways children naturally absorb information: through play. This allows them to acquire skills, and helps them reach their fullest potential emotionally, physically, socially and intellectually. Designed for children between the ages of 2 to 5, The Early Childhood Center follows high quality standards with key indicators for excellence.
The standards of excellence our educational staff utilizes are:
- Individualized instruction to meet the needs of every child.
- Respect for every family’s culture; family members are encouraged to participate in the program.
- A safe, healthy and familiar physical environment that contains a variety of toys that are stimulating and educational.
- Childrens’ active involvement to aid in learning.
- All staff’s specialized training in child development and age-appropriate programming.
- Serving breakfast, lunch and snacks everyday for pre-school children, all of which are prepared on-site.
Did You Know?
Research has shown that children learn best through active exploration and interactions with adults, other children and materials. In particular, children learn when they direct their own play. We give children an opportunity to choose from a variety of activities, materials, equipment and time to explore through active involvement.
Monday through Friday
7:30 AM – 5:30 PM
Extended Evening Child Care Program
Monday through Thursday
4 PM -8:00 PM (subject to change)
Saturday Ages 2-12
Se Habla Español
Extended Evening Child Care
Being in school all day can be stressful for children growing up. The After School Program at Bronx Community College is designed to be a place where children can relax while also learning new skills and completing homework assignments. The program caters to the older children of students attending evening classes. Teachers are on hand to help children with their homework as well as keep them engaged in art, computer skills and social interactions.
The After School Program at Bronx Community College provides an opportunity to learn through play and exploration indoors as well as outdoors*.
When not doing homework, children are engaged in activities such as:
- Computer literacy
- Cooking Lessons
- Reading Room