How do I Enroll?
Step #1. Apply to Bronx Community College
Step #2. Take the CUNY Assessment Tests
- If you have not taken the test please contact the BCC Testing Office
Step #3. Attend a CUNY Start information session and be interviewed
- RSVP Required
- Bring a photo ID and a pen to take notes
- Info sessions can take up to two hours
Step #4. Complete Registration:
- Bring a copy of your High School Diploma or HSE Diploma to the CUNY Start Office in Brown Annex, Room 101
- $75 fee in the form of a cash or money order only *
*Students are not enrolled in the program until the enrollment fee is paid.
Am I Eligible For CUNY Start?
In order for us to determine your eligibility for CUNY Start, you must satisfy the following requirements:
- Be admitted to Bronx Community College.
- Take the CUNY Assessment Tests in Reading, Writing and Math.
- Have not passed the placement tests in Writing (CAT-W), Reading or Math.
- Attend an information session where you will learn more about CUNY Start
- Fill out an application and have a one-on-one interview.
Brown Annex, Room 101
Phone: 718-289-5100 ext. 3141
718-289-5100, ext. 5037
718-289-5100, ext. 3612
718-289-5100, ext. 5226