Career 101 Roadmap: How can we help you?
Partnership with Career Development:
College Discovery (CD) partnership with Career Development is a critical component in student success. We want to be deliberate and purposeful in making sure that students receive all the information needed for a successful career. In addition, Career Development conducts career development related workshops. The objective of these workshops is to teach students about career development topics.
Past workshops have included:
- Resume and Cover Letter
- WritingInterviewing Techniques
- Career Exploration
- Job Search Strategies
- Career Fair PreparationCareer Mixer
Workshops can also be customized to best meet the needs of students!
The Center for Career Development offers students a wide range of workshops to help prepare them for the job application process and search. Please visit our Career Development office for upcoming workshops and more: Click Here
Career Development Overview: Learn about all the great services our office can offer you.
Career Exploration: Find out the difference between a job and a career, how to research jobs based on major and how to start building transferable skills to help market yourself to future employers.
- Match your personality and interests with your career: Find out about the great career assessment options we provide and how they can assist you in finding your career path.
- Resume 101: Learn the basics on how to correctly format and craft your existing resume.
- Applications and Office Etiquette: Learn what information is needed and how to properly complete a job application as well as the basics of professional work etiquette.
- Job Search/Career Express: Get an overview of career opportunities as well as other tips for doing successful searches for jobs and internships.
- Perfecting the Interview: Learn how to respond to interview questions and how to apply transferrable skills from previous positions to your current job prospects.
- LinkedIn and Networking: Learn how to create and use social media platforms to network with others and find job and internship opportunities. Learn the importance of networking and ways to meet people in your desired field.
- Career Preparation: Prepare for Career Mixer by attending one of the Career Fair Preparation workshops Click Here. Learn what to wear, what to bring and what to do to present yourself in the best possible way to employers.
Career Networking Mixer
The annual Career Networking Mixer provide an opportunity for students to network with employees from various industries within the private, non-profit and government sectors.