CUNY EDGE (Educate, Develop, Graduate, and Empower) is a program offered through a collaboration between the City University of New York (CUNY) and HRA (Human Resource Administration) that aims to support and empower students who receive cash assistance while enrolled in CUNY. The program’s value proposition lies in its commitment to providing a comprehensive range of services to students, helping them overcome barriers and achieve academic success.
Unique benefits offered by CUNY EDGE:
- Holistic Support: The program provides academic advising, tutoring, counseling, and career services to ensure students have the necessary tools and resources to succeed.
- Financial Assistance: Finances should never be a barrier to success. Eligible students may receive financial support through the program, including limited tuition support for intersession and summer classes, transportation costs, and other essential expenses. This financial aid helps alleviate financial burdens and allows students to focus on their studies.
- Personalized Guidance: Our Academic Advisors work closely with students to create personalized success plans, identifying their unique challenges and strengths. They help students navigate campus resources and connect with appropriate support networks. We encourage students to engage with their peers through various activities, workshops, and events. This fosters a sense of community and provides a support network where students can share experiences, exchange advice, and build meaningful relationships.
- Internship and Job Placement Support: Gain real-world experience and build professional networks with our CUNY EDGE Paid Fellowship and Pace Programs. We connect students with opportunities that align with their career goals, ensuring they have the skills and connections they need to thrive in today’s competitive job market.
- We network closely with offices and programs including ASAP, College Discovery, CUNY Start, Career Development, ARC, CUNY Cares, Psychological Services, Child Development Center and many more to get students the help they need.
A CUNY EDGE SUCCESS
Success did not come easily for Terrence Coffie. He graduated from BCC in 2014 as a Phi Theta Kappa Human Services major, and went on to earn his B.S.W and M.S.W in Social Work from New York University. Success did not come easily for Terrence Coffie. Still, Coffie’s greatest gift and accomplishment was his will and determination to beat the odds and not end up as another statistic.
VISION: CUNY EDGE envisions a world in which all people have access to the educational opportunities and support they need to realize academic success, a sustainable career and a brighter future. We commit to contributing to this vision.
MISSION: Our mission is to help CUNY students who are receiving public assistance achieve academic excellence, graduate on time and find employment.
The vision and mission of the program are demonstrated in our core activities.