CUNY Start provides 18 weeks of intensive preparation in academic reading/writing, pre-college math, and “college success” advisement for incoming students with significant remedial needs. Academic eligibility is determined on the basis of the CUNY Assessment Tests. The goal of our program is to help you prepare for college-level coursework and reduce remedial needs prior to starting credit-bearing courses.
WHY CHOOSE CUNY START?
- Spend less time in remedial classes
- Improve your reading, writing and math skills
- Have two opportunities to exit from remediation
- Save money with $75 tuition for the entire semester
- Learn in a supportive, student-centered environment
- Work with a CUNY Start advisor to plan your academic future
- Attend a weekly college readiness seminar to help you develop your academic identity and learn about college structures and campus resources.
- Build your college knowledge and skills
CUNY Start is offered at the start of every Fall and Spring Semesters. We offer a Full-Time program that runs Monday through Friday from 9am-3pm. We also offer morning and afternoon Part-Time programs for Reading/Writing and Math. Part-Time Reading/Writing runs Tuesday-Friday from 9am-12pm or 1pm-4pm. Part-Time Math runs Monday-Thursday from 9am-12pm or 1pm-4pm. CUNY Start does not offer Summer Sessions. Please contact the Main Office for Program Dates.
Brown Annex, Room 101
Phone: 718-289-5100 ext. 3141
718-289-5100, ext. 5037
718-289-5100, ext. 3612
718-289-5100, ext. 5226
We help students who have been accepted who need additional academic preparation before pursuing college-level work. If your CUNY assessment test scores indicate you need to improve your academic and college readiness skills, consider CUNY Start.