A Strong Start to College
CUNY Start provides intensive preparation in academic reading/writing, pre-college math, and “college success” advisement for incoming students with significant remedial needs. Academic eligibility is determined on the basis of the CUNY Assessment Tests. The goal of our program is to help you prepare for college-level coursework and reduce remedial needs prior to starting credit-bearing courses.
WHY CHOOSE CUNY START?
- Spend less time in remedial classes
- Improve your reading, writing and math skills
- Have two opportunities to exit from remediation
- Save money with $75 tuition for the entire semester
- Learn in a supportive, student-centered environment
- Work with a CUNY Start advisor to plan your academic future
- Build your college knowledge and skills
We help students who have been accepted who need additional academic preparation before pursuing college-level work. If your CUNY assessment test scores indicate you need to improve your academic and college readiness skills, consider CUNY Start.