If you answer YES to the following questions, you may be eligible for ASAP at BCC.
- Do you qualify for New York City resident tuition? Please see the CUNY tuition and fees manual for more information.
- Have you completed the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at www.fafsa.gov and the New York State Tuition Assistance Program (TAP) application at www.hesc.ny.gov , and accepted any federal and state grant aid awarded (Pell, SEOG, TAP)?
- Do you agree to enter into a full-time associate degree program (minimum of 12 credits per semester) in an ASAP at BCC-approved major?
- Are you in a qualifying English (reading and writing) and math course placement?*
- If you are a continuing or transfer student, do you have no more than 30 college credits and a minimum GPA of 2.0?
- Please Note: Students may not participate in both SEEK/College Discovery and ASAP.
* Students with two developmental course needs must enroll in BCC’s Summer Success Program. The ASAP application will be considered conditional until the student successfully resolves one of the two developmental courses. Students with one developmental need are strongly encouraged to enroll in Summer Immersion as well.
To determine eligibility, please fill out this interest form and the Recruitment Team will reach back out to you.
ASAP at BCC accepts most majors in the following degree programs*:
- Associate in Arts Degree (AA)
- Associate in Science Degree (AS)
- Associate in Applied Sciences Degree (AAS)
* Students entering a STEM program must enter ASAP fully proficient.
ASAP at BCC does not accept the following majors:
- Nuclear Medicine Technology AAS
- Radiologic Technology AAS
CUNY Start is a full-time program is ideal for students who have triple remedial needs in reading, writing and math and have a flexible daytime schedule.
Students entering a STEM program must enter ASAP fully proficient.
Developmental students must commit to complete any developmental needs in reading, writing, or math within the first year of being in ASAP.